What is the Equity Scholars Program?
After years of building our academic mentorship program, we are delighted to be in a place where we can tackle one of our long-term goals: providing pro-bono mentorship to students from underserved communities. Throughout each academic year, ESM mentors devote at least 10% of their collective time to working with students who might not otherwise have access to their services.
Our Equity Scholars Program provides selected scholars with the full breadth of ESM’s mentoring: one-on-one college counseling, essay coaching, test preparation, and academic tutoring, as well as membership in ESM’s Alumni Network!
- College counselors will offer individualized mentorship along with guidance in finding and applying to each student’s best-fit college or university.
- Essay coaches work with students to develop and fine-tune college application essays so that they highlight each student’s unique narrative.
- Test preparation goes beyond mere studying, including personal diagnostics, tailored tutoring, and test-specific testing strategies.
- Academic mentors help students with their individual classes, coursework, essays, and exam preparation.
- Our Alumni Network is a resource that students can use for advice and counseling throughout their undergraduate careers and beyond!
Who is eligible for the program?
In order to be eligible for the Equity Scholars Program, students must:
- Be a first generation college student OR a member of a racial group that is underrepresented in higher education.
- A first generation college student is a student whose parents did not graduate from college.
- Examples of underrepresented communities include but are not limited to members of BIPOC (Black, Indigenous, and People of Color).
- Be going into their junior year of high school (graduating class of 2024).
- Plan on attending a US college after graduation
We will begin accepting applications for the Class of 2025 in July 2023.
The Equity Scholars Program Application for the Class of 2024 is now open. Learn more about how to apply here!