Boarding schools are having a staggered opening. Admissions offices are open, but most admissions teams are working remotely. Campus visits will generally not be permitted this year.
The best way to get information about boarding schools is to:
- Fill out an inquiry form on the admissions page of each school in which you and your child have some interest
- Take a virtual tour
- Follow the school on social media (Twitter/Facebook/Instagram)
- Attend admissions webinars
- If the school appeals to you and your student, sign up for Zoom information sessions, open houses, etc.
- Sign up for interviews in November and December. This allows enough time for your child to comfortably start the year and also practice his/her Zoom interview skills
- Sign up for two “at home” SSAT tests ASAP (test dates are filling up), ideally October and November (to allow time to prep)
Questions? Please reach out to Lisa Schultz, who has extensive experience with and knowledge of boarding school admissions, and can share with you her understanding of each community.